CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Macie Slept Through the Night

I just woke up!

This week Macie slept through the night on Monday and Tuesday night. I was thinking the first night was due to having shots and Tylenol. Tuesday night I was super excited that it happened again but wasn't sure if it would keep happening. Well, last night she finished eating around 10:15 and slept until 6:15. She woke up smiling, hungry, and ready to be changed. I think the diaper weighed 10lbs. That full night of sleep was wonderful!

My Belly is Full!


Macie and I went to Pamela's Baby Shower yesterday at the school. I got to show Macie off to my students and the teachers. I couldn't believe how much all my kids had grown since Christmas. I was thrilled to see them. They kept asking when I was coming back. I just explained that I loved being with Macie and that she needed me more right now. Another student asked if Macie pooped a lot...boys. I told them that when I was changing a yucky diaper earlier in the day, she sneezed, spit up, and added a little more to the diaper I was changing all at once. The kids thought it was funny. As the bell rang, I got to dismiss the kids with one of the 3 H's (high-five, handshake, or hug)...they all chose hug. (This dismissal was so much easier than when I dismissed them at Christmas..I was holding back tears then.) As they were leaving, I tried to compliment or say something special to each student. I asked this one boy who is precious and a bit shy why he didn't talk much and he said, "I was just so nervous to see you and didn't know what to say." It did my heart good to see them and I know Mrs. Rodriguez is doing a great job with the students. I love and miss the teaching part of teaching and the kids, but being home with Macie is the best.
You can't see Pamela's baby bump but she is anxiously awaiting the arrival of Michael Britton.

2 comments:

Pamela and Michael Sparks said...

I hope she continues to sleep through the night!

Unknown said...

WOW! I can't believe she slept through the night that early. That is great. I saw your comment on our blog but our computer has been getting fixed for the last couple of weeks so I am just not getting to comment on yours. We should definitely all get together to "play". :)