CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Oh, The Places You'll Go

When I held Macie in my arms a little over 5 1/2 years ago (well, actually while she was in my belly), I dreamed for her, wished for her, and loved her completely.  Never did I realize how fast time would go and that  KINDERGARTEN would now be the next big thing in her life. Over the summer I teared up several times thinking about the fact that school would now have her for most of the day.  I prayed and prayed and am still praying for her teacher...that she love Macie, connect with her, and make a positive difference in her life.  As a teacher and even a student growing up, I loved the first day of class...loved it.  I loved school.  As a momma, I see school in an all new light and now I see it through Macie's eyes.  Her excitement is so much fun.  I love hearing about her day and hearing her say over and over, "I have to catch the bus."  Macie has a bright future ahead of her and I am excited to watch her grow.

The Sunday before school started we tried another church and it was the perfect church for us that morning.  The preacher asked all parents with kids starting school on Monday to stand, circle around, and hold their children's hands.  He prayed that the children would be a light in the darkness and thank God for the kids.  It was the perfect prayer.  Then he said, "I am going to ask you to raise your hands in a minute and I know this may be hard for some of you (a lot of Baptist people are not used to that) but you will see why."  He told us to let go of our child's hands and lift our hands to God because God is going to be with them through the day and  HE is going to protect them and guide me."  It was exactly what I needed to hear.  This whole time I have felt like I am about to give one of my GREATEST BLESSINGS to this teacher and I was feeling so anxious because I am wanting her to not only educate but protect and love my daughter the way I do.  After that prayer I realized that God has this.  All is in his control.  So did I bawl like a baby after dropping her off...no.  Yes, I cried, lingered and had to watch from the door for a few minutes but I kept telling myself all day long, "She is Yours.  You have her in your hands."  What peace I felt.

Here are a few pictures from Meet the Teacher...

Macie and her sweet friend, Anderson



The night before school we read The Night Before Kindergarten.  At the end of the book, it is the parents that cry and the kids have to give them a hug.  Macie kept asking me if I was going to cry and would laugh. "It's going to be the best day of my life!"

"Kindergarten" pancakes for this special day!  Macie was dressed and her bed made by 7:30  and kept asking when it was time to leave.
"When I grow up, I want to be a kid doctor, an eye doctor, a ballerina, and a rock star."  I am not sure where the rock star part comes but she said it last year too.
Macie picked out her new backpack.  She was very excited to pick and it was totally her choice.  So when we got her backpack in the mail before we left for Texas, she tried it on.  She told us as she hopped on her bicycle that she was going to school and rode off to play.  Tears rolled down my face and I saw them in Zack's eyes too.  I said, "You know how after long days you wish for bedtime....well, I wish I could take some of those wishes back."  Time is precious with my three.
Weston got a hold of a yellow marker and managed to write on Kinsley's face.
Here are two of Macie's favorite friends.


Zack and Macie held hands as we walked into the crowded halls.  I caught myself reaching out to touch her and give her reassurance(and me reassurance).  This mom right at that time looked at me and said, "My daughter tried to let go of my hand and I just have to keep hanging on."  I told her I totally got it and then again thought about God holding her in his hands.
Deep Breath....let's go in! 
Here's our beautiful, precious Kindergarten student!
When we walked in the room, Macie looked  up at Mrs. Busch, smiled and said hello.  I remember how much I admired my teachers and when I played school I would mimic what they did. Teachers are a BIG DEAL...they have a BIG job!
After making sure Macie was settled and I lingered as long as I could, we said our good-byes, kissed her, and left her as happy and a little nervous.  Then the countdown started until I could pick her up to hear about her first day.
When Macie spotted me a huge smile spread across her face.  She jumped in the car and gave me the tightest hug.  I didn't want to let go and teared up again.  We did it!  We made it through the first day!  Macie loved it, told me as much as she could remember, and was pretty tired from the big day.  She was able to eat on the special plate again her favorite meal and I found mint chocolate chip cookies for dessert. 

 Waiting on the Bus
Macie is most excited about the fact that there are no seat belts so she doesn't have to wear one.
Tuesday when the bus arrived, it was a bit chaotic so I didn't get a picture; however, this one is from Wednesday.  Weston was crying that he wanted on it and she was running to get on without a hug or kiss and I was just a little overwhelmed.  Wednesday though we got our hug in and I very much appreciated it.  Again her excitement makes me excited. I believe in her and know she is going to do great things.  AND no matter what I will love her Always Always!

0 comments: