CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Weston turns 3!

My sweet little boy is now three.  He keeps asking me over and over if he is big.  This is because his sister reminds him that he isn't older than her all the time.  Age is a big thing when you are little.  It's hard to believe that Weston is already 3.  It really does seem like yesterday I was holding him in my arms for the very first time.  So when I think about all the things I love about my sweet little guy, I just feel overwhelmingly blessed.  Weston has a very compassionate, caring heart.  He is a big helper and often helps with little things before asked.  He has a smile that lights up his whole face, makes his eyes shine, and melts my heart.  I have a feeling there are going to be lots of girls someday thinking the same thing. I love the sound of his voice, the way he talks which is still hard for some to understand, and his laugh is contagious.  I love his MUSCLES because boy is he strong.  I have to ask to see them all the time because I just laugh when he shows them off.  Anytime he says he is full at dinner and he has only taken two bites, we remind him that his muscles won't be big if he doesn't eat.  I love his muscle hugs and I love when I am changing Kinsley or sitting on the floor and out of no where I am hugged or tackled from behind.  I love at night when I go in to kiss him goodnight (when Daddy reads to him) that he stands up in bed and wraps his arms around me so I can hold him and sing his song.  I absolutely love his prayers.  Plenty have made me laugh because he often thanks God for the most random things but each prayer just means he is learning who to thank for all we have been given.  I love his passion for golf! His love of golf often leads to lots of tees in my wash along with tons of rocks (I ought to check pockets).  I love that he drops his pants when he has to go and he really doesn't give any thought to where he is.  I love that he is in the middle of my girls...because I know he is going to be protective over both of them and that works for me!  There is just something about Weston that makes him extra special and I love watching him grow!  I love that Weston is my son and I thank God for the joy he adds to our family!

On Weston birthday, we started off with cinnamon rolls and presents.  It was a rainy day so we went to the indoor Rainbow place and played on all the swing sets.  We followed that with haircuts because he and Macie were both in need of one.  Then we hit McDonalds for some "delicious" food.  After Meet the Teacher, we had cupcakes outside with all of his friends in the neighborhood.

 Weston was thrilled about all this birthday balloons.  He was excited to open his gifts too!  He carried the balloons around the whole day.


 We sang several times.  He would blow out the candles and then Macie would blow out the candles.


 Macie walked in my room around 7 and immediately said, "It's Weston's birthday."  So when he walked in she was so excited to tell him happy birthday.  It was super sweet.



 Weston couldn't resist a lick. Then he drove the golf cart into the sand trap.
I know we need to put this little potty away because he has been potty trained for a year but for some reason this is the fastest place to go when he holds it so long.

Shaving kit...a gift from Blake and Blair
He said, "I just like daddy."
Oh and now he thinks daddy goes to work at "skypapers."  

Weston got a trampoline for his birthday which is in our basement.  It's the gift that keeps on giving because all the kids will get use and fun out of it.  Zack put it together while we were in Texas and I was hoping the kids wouldn't ask to even go in the basement for as long as possible.  However, as I was unloading the car I saw the light on in the basement which surprised me because the kids don't go down by themselves.  I hollered out for Weston.  "I down here jumping."  He was thrilled.

0 comments: