CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 8, 2013

More Summer Fun

 The kids love the sidewalk paint and we like it too because it just washes right off.  Some of my Pinterest finds are awesome but some are flops.


 Macie painted pinecones like the princes did on Sophia the Princess.  It was really fun. She loves mixing colors to see what new color will be made.
 This picture is blurry but the foam princess are a huge hit!
 Swimming is something Macie and Weston can't get enough of.  "Macie Mermaid McClung" swims really well for not having lots of swimming lessons. She sort of taught herself last year and this year she only got a few days of swim in and then was sick.  She keeps saying that her swim teachers are going to be so impressed.  We still need to get more lessons so she can work on the correct technique but I do love watching her dive, twirl and do her tricks in the water.  Weston is impressive, too!  He loves jumping off the side and likes to go in the "deep in."  He actually ask to go to the deep part.  I think he feels big like his Sissy.  He kicks pretty well and moves his arms.  I just get nervous when they get water in their mouths.  Swimming is a blast but it also makes the kids sleepy. It is a little stressful for me because I don't take my eyes off them for a second.
 Weston got an early birthday present from Nonnie and Pappy so he can mow like his daddy.
Movie Date
Zack took Macie to see Monsters Anniversary.  She was excited to go and LOVED her popcorn he bought her.  However, she was asking to leave because she got scared.  Zack said, "We better just stick with princess movies."
 Macie is checking out the lizard her daddy spotted.
Weston is ready to go swimming.  He was ready but he put another swim diaper on.  I heard Macie, "Weston, you look hilarious.  Go show, Mom."  He had both legs in one leg.  I told him he did a great job and he said, "Big kid." 
 He has really started working on putting on his clothes and shoes lately.  It takes a lot of concentration.  It is so fun to watch his determination.  Also when he does something great I will say, "Excellent" and he repeats it as best he can.  I JUST LOVE IT!

So I have been a bit emotional lately when I think about Weston turning two in a month and no longer being my baby once his sis arrives. We are getting ready for the big boy bed, potty training, and all the other things I hope to have accomplished before his sister's arrival.  When people say a boy is ALL BOY, I know exactly what they mean. Weston loves to be dirty, loves to jump off things, loves to play with balls, and just acts like a boy. Weston has a smile that just charms me and I think will someday charm all the girls.  He loves to give me his charming smile when he is in time out or when he has thrown food all over. The other day he emptied the last of the Cheetos on the table and tried to dump cereal out on the table. All those little crumbs go everywhere which kind of drives me crazy.  He is great at making messes and the funny thing is he will get the broom and dustpan to clean up his messes, too.   Weston is also so good at sharing, showing love to Macie and others, and loves life.  I LOVE my sweet little boy so much!  

So anyway.....

 I was worrying the other night about him being the only boy and the middle child.  I am thrilled to have a girl but would have been just as thrilled to have a boy so Weston could have a partner in crime.  

BUT
MAYBE NOT
 Mr. Weston Reid found a box of cornstarch from the pantry this morning and thought it was hilarious to dump it out everywhere which I was grabbing groceries out of the car.I felt like my loud , "NOOOOOOOOO" was in slow motion as I watch the final about of cornstarch was dumped on the ground.  I was annoyed with the mess.  I can't lie especially because I had just mopped.  However, I grabbed the camera to document his disaster.  I am not sure the camera does this mess justice because it was tracked into the hallway, living and dining room, and the garage (it's great having dogs right there in the action).  As I was putting the camera down to start cleaning he decided to slide through the cornstarch.  He was laughing hysterically. Weston did try to help me clean it up and cried when I wouldn't let him vacuum the disaster. Macie kept telling me that she didn't the mess but she thought she should slide through it just once as well.  OH MY! OH MY!  I guess God decided that one boy was the perfect fit for our family!




0 comments: