CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 8, 2013

Memaw Visits

My grandmother came to town at the end of June.  We haven't seen her since Christmas so it such a fun treat for her and us to get to spend time together.  We were able to do a little shopping, playing and  lots of visiting while she was her.  The day she came Weston woke up looking sick.  I was so sad because we just finished Macie's week long, high fever virus.  I was hoping to be in the clear but we weren't.  He had tonsilitus  and ran a fever.  It took him about 7 days to get back to himself again too.  WHO GETS SICK IN THE SUMMER?  Our family seems to because my mom, Blake, and Blair seemed to catch some sort of the same virus. Since Weston was sick we didn't do some of the things we planned but the time flew.  I have such good memories of my Memaw as I grew up.  I remember having sunglasses that were red like hers and I just loved getting to spend time with her.  I am so glad my kids get to spend time with her.  She always says she doesn't have a thing wrong with her except that she forgets.  So I tell her she has a good 20 years left and that she could possible see Macie get married.  Wouldn't that be awesome.  I believe it's a great, great, great grandma that lived to 109 on her side so we shall see.

 My cousin, Kim, brought Bryndall who is just as sweet and cute as can be.  She is a second cousin of ours and it was our first time to meet her.
 Macie and Memme
 Lyndsie and Memaw took Blake and Macie to a trampoline place while I stayed home with Weston.  Blair napped most of the time which kept her away from WEston.  They did get a little playing in. Weston is saying, "Night! Night!"  They would lay down and pretend they were sleeping.  This was one of Weston's happy moments where the medicine was at work and he felt like playing.  It was completely heartbreaking, when he was feeling bad.
 Josh and Lyndsie had a luau for my grandmother.  The kids played in the water, threw water balloons, and enjoyed showing off.  Mom was very sweet and stayed home with Weston.


PINTEREST summer snack....it doesn't look exactly like what I saw but it turned out pretty cute.

0 comments: