CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Macie's 3rd Birthday

My precious daughter turned three on December 31st. REALLY? 3!!! Wow, what a wonderful blessing Macie has been in our lives! It's so hard to believe that at one point I was just imagining what it would be like to hold my daughter in my arms and love her completely. Sweet Macie has just been so much fun to play with, talk to, and watch grow. As I lay in bed the night before her birthday I replayed her birth in my mind and sometimes throughout her actual birthday I would tell her what we were doing with her at that moment. I think she liked it and I loved remembering!


Birthday donuts
We went with a tutu, tiara, wand theme. She loves to pretend she is a ballerina or princess. I was glad she was able to have some friends come to her party since it was New Year's Eve. Also I am glad Blake and Jacob didn't mind the girl theme.



I was trying to keep everything a secret from her until after nap; however, Macie just wasn't in to taking a nap on her birthday. Finally she came out of her room right when I was about finished. Her words, "It's so pretty!" She was beside herself with excitement (so was I)!



The Birthday Girl



Sometimes I wonder what her little mind is thinking! Sometimes I wonder if she knows just how much she is loved!



Some of my favorite things about Macie:


  • When you ask her how much we love her she answers, "Way way more than you will ever know."


  • When you say you are sad she will give you a hug.


  • If you get hurt, she will give you a kiss and say she is sorry.


  • She ask what we are "thinking about." It's always fun to ask her in return.


  • She still cuddles up with me and twirls my hair.


  • She is just as excited to get Weston up in the morning and sing to him.


  • She likes girly things but she also doesn't mind getting dirty even though this leads to several changes of clothes.


  • She has a great imagination.


  • I love the way she says Momma.


  • I love reading books with her and having her retell me the story.


  • I love when she ask me to sing her song.


  • I love when she comes up with the most random reasons to get out of bed at night. One response, "Because, Because, Because." Oh and she always puts on her slippers before coming out.


  • I love when she says, "It's a great day!"

Let's get this party started.



Macie, Blake, and Ellie played chase and "tiger" in the backyard while waiting for the other kids to arrive. Notice Macie is holding on tightly to her balloon that Nonnie brought her....this would later turn into a tragedy when she let it go.




The girls were decorating their crowns with hearts, stars, and jewels. I got Blake and Jacob boy stickers so like kings they could have a crown too. Again thanks to Blake and Jacob for being great sports...they are her two favorite people.



"The Nada"
Macie was very excited to hit the pinata once she saw that we had one!


Blake gave it a good hit.



Lots of candy for everyone!





"Happy Birthday to you"


Macie tends to blow out of her mouth funny. It is hard to explain but she has always done it. Anyway, it took her several attempts to get these candles blown out so her daddy had to help.



I thought it was very fun to see how excited all the kids were about cake! Macie took a bite and then was ready to open presents.



Macie's ballerina jewelry box was a hit amongst the girls.



I was very excited to give Macie this fluffy mirror that I made. I think she will have fun with it when she plays dress-up.



Two of Macie's biggest fans




It was a gorgeous day for the birthday so after everyone had left we went outside to enjoy the evening. We kept telling Macie to hang on tightly to her balloon and then suddenly she let go. She cried like there was no tomorrow! So her daddy took her to get another balloon when picking up some dinner. I think Macie already knows how to melt her daddy's heart and get what she wants.


0 comments: