CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 23, 2012

Fort Worth Stock Show

We had a wonderful time this past weekend at the Fort Worth Stock Show. Last year we were able to go and loved every minute and this year was equally good if not better! The weather was wonderful so that was an added bonus. Josh and Blake, Nonnie and Pappy, and my gang met up to go to the stock show. I am so glad we did! Macie loved wearing her hat and boots. She was very excited once we told her what we were going to be doing.


Thanks Nonnie for letting us step on you to see over the fence with our smelly shoes.



Most people are very friendly and will let you pet their animals. We were able to pet a cow, sheep, pig, and horse.




Macie and Blake were looking at the turkey in the kid area. This area had baby chickens, ducks, pigs, and a few other animals. They loved when he would gobble at them.


Weston has outgrown his boots but luckily he had some overalls to go along with the days' event. Weston liked looking around and seeing everything.


I think the baby chick pecked Blake's finger.


The baby chicks were a hit. Macie was sticking her finger through the fence and one chick pecked her. She hopped up really fast and then tears rolled down her fast. I think it scared and shocked her that he got her finger.


We went to the petting zoo and got there just in time. We only had a wait a few minutes but after we finished the line was really long. Macie loved feeding the animals.


You would think these animals get full quickly because they are fed all day long, but I guess they don't seem to mind.


Blake and Josh were very brave and allowed the goat to eat out of their hands.


Once the food ran out, Macie and Blake both tried to give the animals the wood chips on the ground.


Before the pony ride Macie said, "I need to wear my hat." Then she said, "I will be very brave." We told her that last year she only rode the pony for a few seconds.


Blake seemed to like his pony ride.



When the pony started walking she told her daddy, "I'm a little scared." I was very proud of her.


Tractor ride



Nonnie looks like she is saying, "Get me off of this thing." The bear ride was Macie and Blake's first carnival ride. They loved it.


Pappy sporting the purple hat....not bad!

I know my dad really enjoyed the stock show and would have enjoyed looking at more of the animals. We ran out of time with all there was to see and with 3 little ones.


The dragon roll coaster was really loud so I was surprised that Macie and Blake wanted to ride it. Zack and Macie are on the second cart and Josh and Blake are behind them. Before it started, Josh was practicing with Blake on holding his hands up. I think they both liked it but they sort of looked scared.





This was Macie and Blake's last ride for the day! They were both sad to see it end. Thanks to Nonnie and Pappy for buying the tickets. They had a grand time and really enjoyed their first experience on "big kid rides." What a wonderful day! Won't next year be fun. When I tucked Macie in bed I asked her if she had a great day. Her response, "Sure I did."

0 comments: