CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Enjoying the Summer

We have had a very enjoyable summer and have tried to do things to stay cool and keep us busy as we wait on Baby Weston to arrive. Around mid July, we stayed with my parents while Zack was out of town. We had fun having a girls days, relaxing, and letting Macie and Blake play together. When Zack got home, he and I took Macie to her first movie, Winnie the Pooh! It was a little over an hour but she really liked it. At one point, one of Pooh's friends was walking in the forest and she said, "It's scary." She would also clap throughout the movie. Just yesterday she was telling her Nonnie that she saw her first movie, "Pooh." As another week passed I went to the doctor and found that Weston still isn't quite ready to come. After my appointment, I was a little down. I like being pregnant, like the belly, and the fun of feeling Weston move. BUT I also feel pretty big and I am even more ready to meet him and have all his family/friends meet him too! Just yesterday a lady said, "Honey, you look like you are going to tip over." No one has said that to me before. Anyway after last Friday's appointment, Nonnie, Pappy, and I took Macie to the Aquarium in Grapevine. Macie had more patience than us as we waited in line. Macie loved it once we went in. I loved watching her too. She put her hands over her mouth with excitement. The cutest thing she said was, "This is way cool." Mom and I just looked at her and laughed. Where has she heard that? I think she enjoyed all the sea creatures. The only part she wasn't sure of was when she would walk on the glass where she could see the sharks, fish, and other sea creatures below her. She was a little scared. I thought it was pretty amazing!

Hopefully, the next time I update the blog I will be showing off our newest arrival. My mom keeps telling me to look at it as, "10 more days." And she reminds me he will come....God's timing. But as we wait we will stay indoors and out of the 108 degree temperatures. Thank goodness for air conditioning!


Girls' Day
Buying Movie Tickets


It isn't the best picture and I was disappointed that they didn't have a life-size Pooh cut-out or picture like some of the other movies.


It is just starting!


The Aquarium


Macie loved touching the starfish. She wasn't afraid at all.


Macie wasn't so sure about getting inside the tanks and having them surround you. It just wasn't her thing.







0 comments: