CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2014

Thanksgiving

WE have so so much to be thankful for and often it seems in all the hustle and bustle of this time of year, we don't really stop to think about all we have and then some.  I was bummed that I didn't do a very good job really having the kids think about or discuss what they are thankful for but plan to be better prepared next year.  We are abundantly blessed and I thank God daily for all he has given us.  More than anything, I am so thankful for Christ and the sacrifice he made.  I pray daily that my children will trust and follow him.  I do get very excited because Macie has been talking about Jesus being in her heart a lot lately.  One day she said, "Mom, he is already there.  I believe."  Family comes next on my list.  Where would we be without the love and support of our family.  I am so thankful we have family to spend time with even though it isn't as easy as it used to be to see everyone. It is extra special when we are all together. Of course, I am so thankful for Zack and find it shocking that we are about to hit the big 10 year mark.  We have three amazing little children that God has given us to love, guide, and enjoy and oh, how happy I am that I get to live my dream of being a mom.  A year ago, we didn't know really what we were getting ourselves into with a big move and I had know idea how it would go, how we would feel, what emotions we would experience; however, with this move I am so thankful that we are in the neighborhood we are in with great friends surrounding us.  Weekends are always the times we seems to get homesick and it has been so helpful to have friends/neighbors who hang out outside with their kids or where we can hang out at each others' homes.  I am certain they don't even know how much they helped us adjust to living here.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving week!  We started off at Grammy and Papaw's and then ended at Nonnie and Pappy's.  We loved all the cousin time, the birthday celebrations (since we all decided we needed to have children in the same few months) and just enjoying being back HOME with family.  The weather was pretty nice which was an added bonus for us.  The drive was an overall success which is another bonus.  We are glad we are able to spend time with the ones we love.  Almost daily in the papers, Facebook, through friends and family, we hear of struggles, sickness, tragedies and my heart aches for them.  They put things into perspective when again you realize things aren't important, stressing over the small stuff isn't important, but the people you love are important and helping, giving, and sharing God's love are what matter most.

8 Grandkids...and getting one good picture is just not that easy.



Whose birthday is it..Kinsley or Alayna.  It seems Alayna liked the cake way more than Kinsley.






We found a lizard and after much screaming, catching him, and more screaming, he escaped.
One of my favorites pics!


Jackson would probably get me for this.
Working on the tooth!

It was a a joy to stop by and see Nana during the Thanksgiving week.  
Looking at Pappy's quail





Finally...after Nonnie accidentally bumped her, Aunt Lyndsie took it out without a blink.


Slumber party in the tent








The big kids had their annual sleepover at Blake's where they make gingerbread houses.  So the little kids made a little train and had some fun too.  At first Weston said, "This is not a good sleep over," but I can't remember why he said it.  I think he changed his mind after all the candy they ate while making the train.
When he knew it was time to golf, Weston couldn't contain himself.
Daddy and his girls

Nonnie had Pappy put the baby bed together so now all 8 grandkids have slept in it.


I looked out the window and saw Blake and Macie just talking.  They didn't even know I came out to snap a picture.  It was sweet to just listen to them talk.

I LOVE this BOY!!!


 What's better than a game of Crazy 8's?  The kids couldn't make it through a game without someone being sad after a loss but the big guys seemed to do ok.
We did it again...BLACK FRIDAY!  We actually just went out after bedtime Thursday night and it was so much fun.  There wasn't a crowd and we got the fun things we wanted.  Plus, we were only gone about 2 hours or so!!!  

0 comments: