CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 8, 2014

Happy 1st Birthday

On November 22, 2013, I woke with a feeling that Friday was the day we would meet our little girl.  Right around 6 AM I jumped out of bed because my water broke.  After much excitement and a quick delivery, I held my blond hair baby in my arms.  No words can describe how it feels to have this tiny little baby cuddling up with you and knowing that you are her mommy.  I close my eyes and I remember feeling her skin, hearing her cry, and thanking God he gave me such a precious, healthy baby girl.  Kinsley came into this world not knowing how lucky she was to have a great big brother and sister who love her to know end.  She didn't know that she would be blessed with grandparents and cousins that would love her, kiss her, and play with her every chance they get.  Nor did she know that she would be born in Texas but would live the first year of her life in Missouri. She had no idea that she would travel hours and hours in her car seat to see family.  I often say Kinsley just fit right in and seems to be along for the ride.  God gave me the perfect little baby to love and take care of (which she is so easy) while making such a transition.  Not a week goes by that someone doesn't comments on her blond hair and her fair skin.  In the beginning, I laughed in disbelief.  BUT isn't it fun to know that she is unique in her own sweet way.  My little Piggly Wiggly smiles often, giggles when tickled or entertained by Macie and Weston, and sucks her thumb when she is tired.  She seems very determined to play with what she wants, eat the food she wants, and climb the stairs if the gate isn't closed.  One of my absolute favorite moments in the day is when I lay her down...not because I am exhausted, but because I get to hold her against me, listen to her breath, and sing how much I love her.  Kinsley made us a family of 5.  I thank God for giving me this precious little girl to love!


























 Kinsley is in the 60% for weight and height.  Based on where she is now, the doctor said she will be about 5'4 as an adult.  Kinsley did great with her shots and seems to be right where she should be on growth and development.

0 comments: