CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 31, 2014

Perspective

"Kids don't take you away from doing something important.  They are what's important."  I read this quote or something almost like it the other day and it was the very one I needed for the day.  I had lost my perspective of what is important that day and wished for a do over.  I was overwhelmed with a house that is still not painted (another story), rooms not feeling completed, and a messy, messy house (and I am usually on top of clean floors, clean bathrooms, and dusting), projects to be done, and a few other things that just hadn't gone my way that day.  Clean is a rare occurrence these days.  Anyway, I was having a pity party for myself, shed a few tears, and took it out on Zack.  I read that quote and that started my change in attitude and then I received a text that a  sweet friend/relative with 4 precious little ones has breast cancer.  I stopped, prayed, and then loved on all three of my kids.  When Zack got home from his dinner, I was a new person. I know my house will never be perfectly clean because we have toys everywhere at all times.  We have been in our house for weeks and with cold weather and a painter here we don't get out much.  What's more?  It 's easy. I know the house will be finished eventually and that I don't have all the time in the world to do projects. I have three kids that need my time and I want to enjoy that time with them.   So I woke the next morning with a fresh attitude and finished the week off the right way.  That quote and that friend have stayed on my mind.  I am praying for her and thanking God for all that I have.

 ~My SUNSHINE~
 I was taking Laundry Pictures for my laundry room...Pinterest.
 So what happens when your baby is crying, you leave to put the pacifier back in...AND you leave food coloring in front of a two year old. THIS!  This boy couldn't resist.  Macie was hollering for me to come see what Weston did.  I was kicking myself.  I didn't even know where to start with cleaning up.  As I took the picture, I couldn't stop laughing.  The kids took a long bath at 10 in the morning and all the blue was washed away.
 We started the science project again when Kinsley was completely asleep.  They loved it!  It was fun entertainment.
 Weston "is working" a lot these days.  He is always drilling, sawing or using his screwdriver to put batteries in things.  It is so much fun to watch!  He is a character.
 Kinsley hasn't gotten to experience Texas winters but if she did she would be wishing for them.  She along with the rest of us are counting down until we go home for a visit.


One thing I have loved most about this move is that Macie and Weston have become GREAT GREAT GREAT friends.  I absolutely love it and hope they have a special friendship/bond that will last a lifetime.  They pretty much have only each other as playmates and they play their hearts out.  She plays what he wants and he plays what she wants. They build tents, go camping, have tea parties, golf(surprised Macie did it), dance and play with the musical instruments. Today they were giving money to people around the world with Yahtzee coins.  MY FAVORITE:  Yesterday Macie wanted to put Weston down for his nap.  She read his book, sang him a song, and decided he needed her to lay by him.  She came out of his room and then went back in to check on him.  Today when I told him it was nap time he said, "I want Macie to do it."  

 Making their car...all the moving boxes have brought loads of imagination and fun.  They have houses/castles in the basement they play in too.

Car crash..Weston needed to put on his seat belt (see his head).

 Kinsley is having a little tummy time and I am getting a little ab work in.  Macie loves when I let Kinsley fly as she calls it.  I am just glad she hasn't spit up when I do this because she got Macie all over the face the other day when Macie was kissing on her.



0 comments: