CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Weekend at Grammy's and Papaw's

This past weekend we went to Tyler.  We had a fun-filled weekend.  We started Friday off with the Science Place.  Grammy, Macie, and I stayed for about two hours there and could have spend the entire day there.  What a great place for kid!  There are all sorts of learning experiments/science hands-on activities, a pretend play area, and I think one area we didn't get to.  Macie loved it.  I loved watching her love it.  Zack and Weston stayed back at the house for a nap.  It was great fun and I look forward to going there again.  Friday night we pulled off a surprised birthday for Janet.  Her sisters came in for dinner and we all gave her an IPad for her birthday.  She was shocked and loved every minute, I think! Saturday we were off to the Azalea Run.  We did it last year and have decided to try and make it an annual event.  We had to get there early so Macie and Finley could participate in the 50 yard dash. However, as we were walking up they finished.  BUT they let them run it anyway!  It was so cute...the two of them running with Grammy and Papaw.  Once we got home the kids did Easter activities since we were all together.  They dyed eggs AND Macie dyed her hand.  They hunted eggs and had decorated Easter cookies. Both Macie and Finley were wiped out and took 3 hour naps. After naps they were ready to go again.  All four of the bigger kids played outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather.  It was really cute because Jackson and Jillian were taking turns pushing the wagon.  Finley, "the bad cop," was riding the little trike and trying to get the other kids.  I told Macie she could be the good cop and she said, "No, I am a princess."  Grammy and Papaw were very kind and kept all the kids at the house and let all of us have a quick dinner out.  My phone started vibrating and I knew exactly why she was calling.  Mr. Weston sometimes has a hard time going to sleep especially lately as we are waiting on those front two bottom teeth to come in.  Poor guy!  Anyway, we loved the weekend.  It is not always easy to get everyone together but I love family time.



Spread your wings...
 Macie and Grammy were rolling the golf balls down the ramp.
 Brookshires grocery store was probably Macie's favorite.  Macie bought lots of veggies and fruit on her second shopping trip.  There are all sorts of foods to buy and then check out with at the counter.  It is the real deal.  There was also a bank, post office, court house, bakery, hospital, ambulance, theater, and art center. and Bistro.  Oh my goodness, I loved it as much as she did.
 
At first Macie wasn't so sure about climbing the wall.  Plus she was taking all of it in.  After a while she decided to "be brave" and climb the wall.
 Jackson was sweet of enough to pose for me.
 Weston hanging out with Rosy.
 Dying Eggs and a Left Hand
 Egg Hunt
 I love that Jillian loves playing with the little babies too!  She is so sweet.

 Decorating Easter cookies with Jackson and Jillian putting on the icing was a major hit and a LOAD of sugar.  There cookies were extra sweet.
 Yummy

 Weston was napping during the Easter egg hunt but I still got a few pictures of him with his pail.  Lyndsie added both his and Macie's names to the pails and they turned out adorable.
 Of course I took about 10 plus pictures of him and could have uploaded them all but I settled with 3.

 On Your Mark!  Get Set!  GO!!!!!
 Macie took off!   The first thing she said Saturday morning and actually in the middle of the night was, "I am ready for my race."  She was!  They liked when everyone cheered for them. Finley started acting silly!  I am sure they would have been 1st and 2nd if they would have been in the first race with all the kids.
 They brought home the GOLD!
 All the kids were ready for the 2 mile run/walk. 
2nd Annual Azaleas Run

0 comments: