CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break

Spring Break was this past week!  Macie, Blake, and Nonnie were off from school and Pappy took the week off as well.  What a great week to be off too!  The weather was perfect for playing outside and having a good time with family. We had a wonderful time!  We were FUN busy each day and how they days flew.  Bed timewas always so nice especially as we adjusted to the time change. 
 Macie loves Blair.  She took a minute to hold her but then was off to play with Blake again.
 Memaw came down for a few days during spring break.  It was her first time to meet both Weston and Blair.  We loved having her here.
 On Monday Mom and Memaw came over our way.  We went to Sam Moon and bought sunglasses.  This has been Mom and my tradition for a long time not (for at least 7-10 years we have done it).  Memaw and Macie joined in.  The crazy thing is Memaw, Mom, and I all ended up with the same pair. 
 Memaw and Blair
 Macie and Blake were messing with the neighbor's hose.  Macie was encouraging Blake to take it off.  I think she thought if she did that it would be him that got in trouble instead of her.
 Toes TASTE so GOOD.
 Nonnie has little chairs for all the grand kids.  Macie and Blake were playing like the chairs were a train. Weston joined in on the fun.  They went everyone in them...the zoo, park, Great Wolf  Lodge, and outer space.  Something so simple can be so fun.  It reminded of when we were little and we would play for hours at my Meme's house in her backyard with these big barrels.  We would pretend like we were in the circus and put on shows.  Those are some of my fondest memories with my cousins when we were little. 
 One day during spring break, we all went fishing.  Thanks to Pappy for doing all the work.  He kept the worms on the hooks,  the fishing poles casted, and made sure neither Blake or Macie fell in.  We didn't catch any fish though.  Macie kept saying "The fish are taking a nap."
 Fishing is not that much fun to Weston. Maybe he will like it better next year.
 Macie looks like she is really concentrating.  I was impressed with how long they stuck at it.  However, once Macie and Blake were finished fishing they were playing with each other and off to the park.
 The GREAT FISHERMEN
 Lyndise, Blair, and Memaw watched the little ones from a swing.  Holland Park is a great park in Weatherford! 
 We brought bread for the ducks; however, Macie and Blake decided to run around with it on their heads and then eat it.  They were starving.  Luckily, Nonnie got food from Yesterdays for our picnic.
 Jay, my cousin, was down with his family.  They brought Memaw down with them when they came to visit friends.  Jay is probably one of the sweet young men I have met.  He has a heart of gold.   He immediately held Weston and Blair.  It was the sweetest thing.  I would be honored for Macie to marry someone like Jay and I know Lyndsie was thinking the same thing.  AND I would love for Weston to grow up just like him.
 Kissing Cousins


 On Wednesday we were running a few errands. Macie said, "Mom, is it spring?" I replied that it was and she said, "That means I can get a bike." We have been telling her that once spring hit she could get a big girl bike to ride with her friends. So Nonnie, Macie, and I set out to find the perfect bike. We found it at Wal-Mart put together. We got back to Nonnie and Pappy's house and Macie hopped on. It took her a little bit to figure out that pushing backwards would hit the brakes. She started going and it just made me so very proud. My little girls is getting so BIG. Then the girl across the street hopped on her bike and took off. That gave Macie the courage she needed to pick up the pace and even turn. We rode around the block twice. Once Macie stopped and sat on the curb. "I need to rest," she said. Then as she rode she sang a song that she made up. "I am riding my bike. I love riding my bike. This is so fun." (I love when she makes up songs to go along with whatever we are doing.) Anyway, we got home on Thursday and she was eager to show her daddy and neighborhood friends.

 

 Peas were everywhere...nose, eyelashes, hands, chair, and chin...I hope some of them made it to his mouth.

 Sis is making her brother giggle with delight.
 My sweet friend from college, Johnna, and her family came over Friday night for hamburgers.  It was absolutely wonderful to see her.  It has been a good 3 or so years since we were together.  That is too long but it sure didn't seem like it.  We picked up where we left off.
 We ended spring break with Blake's 3rd birthday at Chuck E Cheese.  It was a lot of fun.  Macie and Blake had a blast riding the rides and playing games.
 Since Blake was the birthday boy, he was able to get in this little area.  Tickets blew everywhere and he could keep all he could hold.  I don't know how Macie got in with him but I know it was super adorable to watch.   I know they came out with a few tickets.  Blake was very smart.  He tried to catch them in his shirt.

 

0 comments: