CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Thankful

Thanksgiving is upon us so I have thought a lot about all I am thankful for over the last couple of weeks. In all the hustle and bustle of this time of year, I think it is so important to reflect on our many blessings. A couple of weeks ago I had an ugly looking mole removed from the back of my leg by my ankle. The doctor wanted to make sure they got it all so I had some additional skin removed. When all of this came about I wasn't originally worried. Then when the doctor called back and said we had to get more skin taken off the "what ifs" set in. All I could think is my babies need me. I need them! As I lay in bed one night, I thought of the verse, In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18. So I thanked God that I got the spot checked out and it is ok. Then I just thanked him for my health and I know there is no point in worrying because God is in control. If I worry I feel like I am not putting my complete trust in him. The "what ifs" have still crept back in as they did when I was getting the procedure done but I just prayed. Above all I am THANKFUL that I know and follow God/Jesus! My human mind can't fully comprehend how big, powerful and how magnificent HE is. Be Still and Know that I am God. Psalms 46:10 Isn't that enough to be thankful for?!

THANKSGIVINGS:

Zack: Love is an amazing thing. Zack and I have almost been married 7 years. I think about how our love has grown, become stronger, and changed (in a good way)! I depend so much on him and appreciate all he does for my kids and me. One of my biggest dreams has been to stay home with my kids. Zack has helped that dream come true and I probably don't thank him enough for it. He works so hard and I appreciate that we are his top priority. I am so thankful we are sharing our lives together.
Macie and Weston: LOVE IS AMAZING (a repeat) but this kind of love is like no other. I always tell my friends that are becoming moms for the first time that it can't be explained until you are a mom. Wow, I love Macie and Weston! Each day with them is a blessing. I love talking to Macie, playing with her, and sharing in her huge imagination. I honestly could talk for hours about all the sweet things I love and am thankful for about Macie! The one thing that came to mind about what she says often is "Mom, it's a great day!" I love her happy heart and excitement for life! My sweet baby boy has captured my heart as well! I love his sweet smile and the way his eyes just seem to shine when I talk to him. I am thankful for "the moments" and there are so many of them. I think of all the things we do together and I say "these are my moments. God gave me these moments with them."


Dad and Mom: I am a family person or I tend to think of myself that way! I am so so thankful for my parents. "You will understand when you are a parent" or "This is hurting me more than it is you (when spanking)" are the phrases I now understand. I am thankful that my parents raised us in the very best way they could. I am thankful they taught values and morals. My mom is my best friend and we talk on the phone daily. What fun we have together! My dad is my DAD...he has always put all of us first. I am thankful for their love and support. What I am most thankful for is their love for my kids. That is enough!

Last Thanksgiving: We have added two and have another on the way!

My BROTHERS: Sheldon and Josh make me smile. I am so proud to be called their sister. I have always admired them. I loved our childhood because we had a lot of fun playing COPS, jets, and sometimes a little dress up. I love that our kids are the same age and will grow up playing together like we did with our cousins. We are probably going to have some wild gatherings but oh what fun/memories! I am thankful that both of my brothers' wives. I am thankful for their friendships.


MY IN-LAWS: I am so thankful for Paul and Janet. Like my parents they have been married 30 plus years and that alone is a great example! I am thankful that we get to enjoy our time with them when we see them. I also love watching them being such a great Grammy and Papaw! Again I am thankful they love our kids! That means more than anything.


The Rest of the FAM: I am so thankful for Matt and Lori, Chris and Amy, and their kids! What fun we have already had together watching our kids play. I love that we have Jackson and Jillian to be such great examples to Macie, Weston, Finley and Kylan! And I LOVE that Macie and Finley have such a sweet bond even though they don't get to see each other enough. I am thankful for each time we get to spend together even though it is not as often as I would like! I married into a GREAT family!


The kids have grown and we have added two to the bunch!

0 comments: