CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

BIG GIRL BED

Macie is officially in a big girl bed. We picked up the mattress yesterday and her furniture will come in around the first of April. I will put new pics up of her cute bedding once we get it all fixed up. Macie and I took the crib apart after her nap and I made a big deal about this being her new brother's bed and that she was getting a big girl bed. I am thrilled to see her JOY in this new bed. She could hardly contain herself once she knew it was in her room. That's a good thing because when it was moved into the new baby's room, she had a meltdown. She wanted in the bed saying she was tired. She kept repeating, "Macie's bed."
Bedtime was a success! She went down like always. Zack and I peeked in on her and she was had her head on her pillow which I thought was super cute since she hasn't slept with a pillow yet. When I went in to get her this morning, she immediately said, "Macie's big girl bed." Then she walked into the new baby's room and said, "Baby brother's bed."
Did I cry? YES, I did the night before. Zack and I were laying in bed talking about how she would do with the change and how the bedtime routine would change. I just started crying and couldn't talk. I rock Macie before nap and bedtime each day for a few minutes after reading a couple of books. Well, actually since finding out I was pregnant I have rocked her a little longer if she is willing to cuddle with me. So I cried because I realized that once the rocking chair is moved from her room our Mommy/Macie rocking time will change to us sitting on the bed and reading books. I have rocked my precious daughter for 2 years now and it is hard knowing that this is another change and a more grown up step for her. Before she was born, I would sit in the rocker imagining the day that I would bring her home from the hospital. Now two years later I have a very active, fun-loving 2 year old who sometimes makes me want to pull my hair out but who I love more than I thought or knew was possible.
First Nap in the New Bed
Macie's babies are lined up against the wall for their nap too! Before she fell asleep, Macie played in her bedroom with the door shut. She would come tell me that the babies were sleeping and to "Shhh." Then she would say they were crying and go back and check on them. She played with her babies for about 30 minute before lunch and her nap.
Macie is putting her baby down for the night too!

Feels pretty comfortable
Sitting on her bed.
Notice she has her two babies on the on the pillows. At this point, Macie already turned on her music and was pretending her babies were sleeping. She even shut the door.

Macie is testing out a mattress to see if she likes it.

0 comments: