CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Macie/Blake Day

While staying with Nonnie and Pappy while Zack was out of town, Macie had Blake over for the day to play. He skipped out on daycare which was very nice and fun because these two cousins don't get to spend as much time together doing the school year. We started the morning off with lots of playing and stickers. They were little pumpkins themselves. Then we baked Pappy his birthday cake. I thought this was going to be a great idea...teachable moment. I showed them how to put the icing on the cake, gave them spoons, and let them have at it. I knew it would be a messy activity but I didn't even think about them diving into the cake trying to eat it. So instead of helping they just got to eat the leftover icing in the jars....not a bad morning snack. Macie and Blake were great together and loved playing. I decided though that I don't want twins after all which I have thought would be really neat up to this point. Probably the easiest time was diaper changing. I would lay them both down, change them, and have them up and ready to go. I might mention that Macie wanted to help change Blake. I know that I can't completely remember Josh when he was a baby but I have lots of memories of him when he was small and boy, I look at Blake and I see Josh. I watch Blake play and be a boy and I see Josh. What fun!



Delicious! Pappy's Cake


Happy Birthday, Pappy


Macie saw a little boy at the park the other day going down face first. While she was sliding with him, she would go down on her belly but feet first. Not anymore! This brave little girl likes to go face first now!
Love my Nonnie!
Macie and Blake would both "help" each other up the slide. It might have been more like pushing but no one got hurt.

0 comments: