CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Macie Turns ONE

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday dear Macie! Happy Birthday to you!
Looks Good! Looks Real Real Good!

ONE YEARS OLD!!! I find it unbelievable that a year could go so fast. Macie has brought so much joy to our lives. I honestly can say I have loved every minute...even the diapers as yucky as some of them have been. I feel like being a mom is my purpose in life. I love what I do! Watching Macie grow and develop has been such great fun. I remember holding Macie for the very first time and being overwhelmed with knowing she was ours. I think back to those first few weeks of waking in the night to feed her. Yes, I was tired but loved cuddly with this warm sleeping baby that needed me. As Macie grew closer to her 1st birthday, Zack and I looked on watching in delight at each new thing she learned or did: rolling over, lifting her head, laughing as she played with Sebastian, eating baby food, splashing in the bath, sitting up, crawling, pulling up, sticking her hand in the toilet, getting her 1st tooth, walking, saying mama and dada, eating dog food, being so determined to do things, playing in the swimming pool, and the list goes on and on. Oh and I love all her different smiles that she has and shows off. I just love her to pieces and completely understand a mother's love. I know how my mom feels about me and I am sure Macie will not completely understand the love I have for her until she hold her precious baby in her arms someday.

As we approached her exact time of birth, 2:30 p.m. I kept telling Zack what we were doing at that point. Sadly, Macie woke up the day before her birthday with a high fever and finally felt better on Friday. So when we were up at 4 a.m on the day of her birth because she was needing more medicine I told her about being on the way to the hospital. It was not fun being up with my sick baby girl but I did enjoy thinking back to what we were doing a year ago. Being that Macie was sick, I was so glad that I made a somewhat last minute decision to have a little birthday celebration at each grandparents' house. MACIE LOVED THE CAKE!!!! She didn't just eat a little bit... she devoured the whole things. In her words, "MMMM!" How fun and special each celebration was for her and for us!

So we are moving on into another year of her life. Abundantly Blessed is probably the best words for how Zack and I both feel about our sweet baby girl, Macie!
It's Party Time!

Make a Wish
Lyndsie holding Blake, Reagan holding Jackson, and me with Macie
The cousins were helping sing happy birthday.

Mr. Blake...you will get yours when you turn one.

Chocolate...a girl's best friend.

MMM! Macie wants to lick her plate!

THIRSTY!
All that cake makes a girl thirsty.


Pappy and Nonnie gave Macie a pink Cozy Coupe for her birthday. The top picture is before she opened it. Pappy was nice enough to put the bottom half of it together so the kids could play with it before we took it home. (We knew it wouldn't fit in our packed for car completely put together.) Down below, Jackson is pushing Macie in her car! I know we will blink and she will be 16 and driving. What a relief that we don't have to cover her car insurance now.


PARTY AT GRAMMY'S
Can I have more please? I only turn 1 once. Macie uses both hands to put her cupcake in her mouth. She doesn't want to drop a crumb!

Macie needed to try the green icing to make sure it tasted the same a the red.

Happy Birthday to me!!!

Lick every bit off before Daddy puts me in the bath!
Grammy and Papaw gave Macie a red wagon for her 1st Birthday. We will get great use out of this wagon. Macie loves it.

COUSINS
Jackson and Jillian took turns taking Macie and Finley around the block in Macie's new wagon. All four of the kids had a great time!

0 comments: