CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Kinsley Grace McClung


 
Kinsley Grace McClung, our sweet daughter, arrived on November 22nd at 7:40 AM weighing 8 pounds and was 21 1/2 inches long.  There are no words for the overwhelming love we have for our baby girl. 
 
We knew without a doubt that Kinsley's arrival would be quick and it was.  On Friday morning right around 6:20, we were laying in bed talking.  Zack asked if I felt any differently, we were picking out a show for Macie to watch, and the next thing we knew my water partially broke.  I flew out of bed and said to call my mom.  I rushed to the bathroom mainly because Macie was right beside me and her belief is that babies come out of the belly button.  I called Mom and told her what had happened, texted my brothers and sister-in-laws and the MAD rush began.  Zack ran to tell Janet because she was at our house.  I told Macie the good news and she was beside herself with excitement. It felt like Zack and I were running around with our heads cut off. I was going to put on make-up and fix my hair but the contractions were already coming so quickly and were painful that I knew there wasn't time.  I threw on clothes and wanted Janet to take our picture and she was right..I was crazy and there wasn't a lot of time.  It was a great thing that the hospital was minutes from our house.  If we were at Baylor like we were with Weston, we would have barely made it and my parents would not have. I called Mom on the way and she hadn't left yet and I told Zack that she wasn't going to make it.  We arrived at the hospital and Zack said, "Come on, honey, lets go."  I was having to make it through a contraction before we got inside.  Once there, the admission's lady wanted to register us.  I was trying to remain calm and Zack said, "I can't believe this.  She is in labor."  I explained that we have babies quickly and needed to get to a room.  She wasn't convinced based on her call to the nurse.  Little did she know, WE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT!  We got to the room, started answering all the questions, and my dad arrived(he was already at work which was 10 minutes away).  He then came back in to tell me MOM missed her exit.  I knew she must have been in a panic which she later said she was on the phone to her principal telling her she wasn't coming in.  The nurse said I was a 4-5 when I arrived.  I  told her I tried to call Dr. Snead but got cut off. I told her she better call him quickly again explaining my babies come quickly.  She kept asking question and I felt like I was going to be sick.  I told her to check me again because I knew KINSLEY was close.  She checked me and just started walking out of the room.  I was a 9 1/2.  Mom came in after that in tears of JOY AND RELIEF that she was there I am sure.  I was glad she was there too! I knew that would help Zack feel better as we got ready to deliver Kinsley.  Another doctor came in and asked if I wanted her to deliever.  I told her I didn't care who delivered Kinsley.  The crazy thing was the nurses and the doctor just stood there and said I could push if I wanted but gave no instructions. They were trying to let Dr. Snead arrive. So I am starting to push, Zack is telling me when I am having contractions, finally Dr. Snead walks in, and Kinsley was born at 7:40 AM.  Holding her in my arms was amazing and a relief(I forgot how hard labor was)!  Mom got to cut the umbilical cord which she felt very honored to do!  She was with us on each of our babies' birth and I am glad she was able to share the miracle of birth with us! 
 
Not too long after Kinsley was born Macie, Weston, and Grammy arrived.  LOVE, JOY, HAPPINESS and every word to describe having all my family together was like a dream coming true.  Weston and Macie couldn't get to the bed fast enough.  They were immediately in love with Kinsley, too!  There was no washing of hands or any caution like we did when Macie met Weston.  Weston had his hands all over her, poking her, and just getting to know this sweet little sister of his that we have talked about for so long.  I  had promised Macie she could be one of the first people to hold her little sister and she loved it!
 
 






Macie got to change Kinsley's first diaper.

We were so glad to be going home!

Papaw got  home from Israel and was able to meet Kinsley.
First BATH
Macie helped me give Kinsley her first bad and she didn't like one single second of it!  I don't blame her!


I have loved holding Kinsley!  I look at her and can't believe only 2 1/2 weeks ago, she was in my belly.  What a miracle!  What an amazing GIFT from God she is!  I look at her sweet little fingers, the creases in her skin, her tiny toes, her hair, her nose, and every sweet thing about her.  I want to memorize it all.   It will be wonderful to watch her grow but then I want time to stand still so we can all just enjoy Kinsley!  I have said it before but it is exactly how I fell....these are the moments that are mine(ours)...The moments that even when I am tired, frustrated with the difficulties of parenting or have had a rough day that I want to look back at THESE MOMENTS I  KNOW that I gave all the love I could give to her, Macie, and Weston.  I want to know that I just breathed it all in, thanked God for my blessings, and let time stand still.  I look at Macie (almost 5) and Weston (2) and can't believe how fast time has flown and how much they have grown. I am honored to be the MOMMA of these three and the wife of Zack. 

Here are a few picture...








Meet the BIG SIS or the OTHER MOMMA!  Macie wants to hold her constantly.  She begged before Kinsley was born to walk with Kinsley.  We have let her walk a little ways while walking by her.  It makes Macie feel very big.
 
Which is the real baby????
The doll on the right was one of my twin babies when I was a little girl.
We went to Nonnie's house a few days after Kinsley was born because we were getting a new roof!  The banging was driving us crazy.


Happy Thanksgiving!






One of my favorite things is Weston saying Kinsley.  It sounds adorable.  He keeps telling me that we got her at the hospital. Weston ask to hold her but it usually last for about 2.5 seconds and when he is finished he is up and on the more. I have to be ready to grab her.



3 comments:

Pamela and Michael Sparks said...

What a beautiful family!

Ashley Cleveland said...

She is beautiful!! Congrats on another precious gift. I'm so sad that ya'll are moving, but I know the Lord has great things in store for your sweet family. xoxo, Ashley Cleveland

John and Courtney Houghton said...

Beautiful Kinsley! Can't wait to see her gain a little personality and expression.