CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 16, 2013

Macie's Big Day


 We are so so very proud of Macie because she hasn't sucked her thumb in over THREE weeks now.  We started a count down for an American Girl Doll if she could make it 15 days.  For about two months, we told her she could go to the store and pick any toy she wanted when she stopped.  She changed her mind several times but after her best friend go an American Girl doll, she looked at the magazine, and Macie had her goal/prize in sight. I bought the yucky tasting nail polish and she set to work.  Each day more than once I would put it on her fingers and she wouldn't complain.  If she put her thumb in her mouth, Macie would tell me that she needed more polish.  It was very impressive to watch.  I even noticed while she slept she would keep her hand by her mouth.  The other impressive thing is now her hair stays fixed because before the thumb went in the mouth and her fingers started twirling her hair.  I honestly thought she would never stop sucking her thumb!  She did it!!!  I am proud of her determination. The two nights before her trip to the store we looked through the book.  She had her mind set that Julie was the doll for her.  I thought she would change her mind but we walked in and had to find Julie right off.
This was my first time to go to the store as well.  I was amazed at all the girls there and all the purchases being made.  It was DOLL HEAVEN for sure for all these girls....mine included. I would have been the exact same way! Her eyes just shined as she went from one doll or section to the next.  We looked through every part of the store.









Zack and I loved spending the day with just Macie.  It was very special and fun to just listen to her talk, dream about her and Julie, and just be her!  Julie is our newest member of the family and she goes where Macie goes except she can't go outside and play.  Macie thinks they look just a like.  Oh and she already has big plans for Kinsley to get the baby dolls they have.  She also said Weston could get the boy doll (he goes with the twin set).  I told her that wasn't a good idea because he would just tear him up.
Macie also got to pick one outfit out for Julie.  Since Macie is starting ballet in a few weeks, she and Julie can now do ballet together.

0 comments: