CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 9, 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday, Weston

It is hard to believe that Weston celebrated his second birthday!  His first two years flew faster than Macie's first two year.  My sweet little boy has just makes me smile or laugh every single day.   I always have stories for Zack when he gets home at night.  The night before his second birthday I was putting him to bed.  He climbs up in his bed and starts picking a book to read.  He usually picks several and thinks he is so big making the decision. He has his favorites that he will listen to best and others that he jumps up and chooses another one after I have read a page.  He chose a book called Love You More (which isn't his normal pick).  It is a book about a mom and her son and they describe their love like, "I love you longer than the longest path every wound" or the little boy says, "I love you bigger than the biggest bubble every blown."  The book ends by the mom saying,"And she put her arms around him and with all the love she had he felt it surround him.  She gently whispered, "Know what, Son? I love you more than anything in the whole wide world.  I love you more than anything in the whole wide world.""  So Weston sits through the entire book and I have tears in my eyes because this is the book I bought just for him before he was born and have been reading it to him from the beginning.  Then he climbed up in my lap and I just sang to him his song that I sing when I put him to bed.  I didn't want to let that sweet moment go as he tucked his arms between our tummy and cuddled up so close.  I know all parents hope and dream for their children.  I have so many hopes and dreams for my children too.  Above all things, I pray that Weston (and Macie) will follow Christ, love others, be compassionate, and caring and glorify God because of the person he is.  So many parents have the mind set that their child has to be the best at sports, the smartest or both.  There is so much pressure put on children to be perfect.  Of course, I want my kids to be successful in life and reach their full ability.  I just want Weston to be the kind of person people want to be around because of his good character and his values.  I hope that one day a mom will tell me that he is exactly who she prayed her daughter would marry.  I hope Weston grows up to be like his daddy. I just love that God has blessed be with Weston's life.  I pray that I am the Mom he needs me to be, I guide him and teach him that helps him best, and that he knows that my love is never-ending.
Some things I love about Weston:

Weston has the sweetest smile and laugh.  He loves life. My favorite smile is always the one I get on the way to church when I turn and just look at him.  He sort of grins like he is embarrassed or something and then all his teeth show and he just looks happy.

I love that he wants to be like his daddy: mowing, doing projects, or grilling.  When Zack is home on the weekends Weston is his #1 Fan.  He wants Daddy.

Weston is quick to hit (wish I could figure out how to prevent this) but he is also very quick to say he is sorry and hug whoever he has hurt.

I love how he shows you where his boo boo is and says, "Boo Boo Patch."

I love that he will repeat words like "Excellent" when I tell him he is doing a great job.

I love that he is adventurous and brave. He tries to dive in the pool like Macie.  Ask him to dive and he puts his hands in the air like Superman.

I love the way he runs.

First think in the morning he says, "Chocolate (for chocolate milk) or will repeat the word breakfast until he is at the table.

I love how he loves Macie.  He was saying "My Macie" the other day.  He calls her "Sissy." When she has her door closed so he can't get in and his devastated trying to get in there.  If she is asleep he will go in there and want to be in the bed beside her.

I love how he makes the kissing sound rather than blowing kisses.

He loves balls and all sports right now. He shoots a basket and if he misses he says, "Aw. Missed."  He doesn't stop when is comes to playing golf ever since Pappy took him to play nine holes.

I love when we pray he reaches for mine and Macie's hand.  Almost always after saying "amen" he throws his hands in the air and says "Amen."

He calls Popsicles "suckers."  He goes to the fridge and ask for them all the time or will ask for a "Nack (snack)." 

When Weston is doing something he wants you to watch he says, "Watch this."  I also love when he says, "Ok."

I love his hugs and his kisses.

     And I could go on and on..........



 
 Just like Daddy

 I will have to take some pictures once Weston's room is all decorated.  He does love his big boy bed.  Zack took him in the baby's room and asked whose room it was.  His answer was "Baby's."  When I take him in his room I always say, "This is your BIG KID room."  He usually replies, "Big Kid."
Weston didn't just get a big bed but we switched his room (about 2 weeks ago).  This was Weston's first night in his bed.  It was a little rough for the both of us.  Tears where shed.  I held him a long time and then after some crying he was asleep.  The second night I cried again because I said it was bed time and he went into his old room and climbed into the rocker for me to read to him.  He has been a pro since.  His sleeping has gradually gotten back to sleeping until 7:30.  However, if I am not in there to get him and comes out of his room and shuts the door behind him.  It makes me laugh.

Potty training is going way better than I thought.  He tells me most times when he needs to potty.  We still have to work on #2.  We have had only two success stories on that end.  I love this picture.  Weston put on his shoes.  He is measuring something.
 His potty is in a different spot now but he thinks that when he is finished going he needs to dump it.  All I think about is the bleach commercial about the little boy and his potty...."when life gives you messy moments."

 After nap Weston went and put on Zack's shoes.  He said, "Daddy's wok (work).  I have to upload the video.  It was the cutest.  He is in undies all the time at home.  Weston can't get his shorts down without me but he can get his undies down.
 Birthday breakfast

 On August 7th, Weston's birthday, we went over to Nonnie's and had a little swim party.  The kids had a great time.
 Weston loved opening his present.  When he saw it he said, "Bike." Weston loves riding his bike with all the kids on our street.
The  baseball cupcakes tasted better than they looked.  Macie and I made these the night before.  Pinterest makes everything look so easy...not that they were hard but I decided again that I shouldn't be a bakery owner like I one time thought would be fun.

 Water Golf

'
 When Blair woke up from her nap, Weston went to her and something along the lines of "Come on Bair" because he wanted her in the pool with him.
 Weston and Blair are looking at a grasshopper.  All four kids spent more time pouring water on the grasshopper, growling at it, and following it where ever it went.

 Whoses kids are whose?
 Weston and Macie made pizza for dinner.  Lots of sauce and cheese got eaten before the pizza made it to the oven. Actually if you look close you will see that Weston took a bite out of the crust too.
 Pop Gun from his Sis
 Fishing Set from Finley, Kylan, and Alayna

 After dinner we had cupcakes again outside.  A few of his friends came out in the heat for a cupcake too.
Hunting crocodiles.
The first night we put the crocodile in a pan but had to move him to my tub so he could continue to grow.  He keeps growing.  Weston and Macie keep checking on him....Weston wants to shoot him a lot.

0 comments: