CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Macie is FOUR


.....For some reason pictures won't upload now which is so frustrating!  Birthday pictures will come as soon as the blog works.

Four years ago, I held the most beautiful baby girl in my arms.  The love I felt for Macie as soon as the doctor handed her to me was indescribable.  Before she was born I had already began to hope and dream for her.  I had so many plans for myself on the kind of mom I wanted to be for her.  I remember rocking Macie in her room and just feeling a complete LOVE that I always try to describe to friends that find out they are pregnant.  Then I blink and my sweet baby is now four.  Four years of fun conversations, a wild imagination, strong-willed, do-it-myself determination, love and kisses is more than I ever imagined being a mother to this precious girl could be.  Of course, I have the days I want to pull my hair out because of the strong-willed mind and the arguments she and Weston seem to have already and I have to work on doing my job better.  But at the end of the day when Zack and I are in bed and I am telling him stories of what Macie and Weston said and did, the hard parts are forgotten and the feeling of being so BLESSED is renewed. 

Things Macie has said or done that make this past year so much fun:
     At school Macie's teachers were spelling the name Olivia.  When they got to the L, Macie said, "L is for Love."

     "When I grow up and get married, I am going to have six kids.  I am going to have a house with stairs and a very big car.  We might even sleep in the car.  My kids will have bunk beds."

     "Give thanks to the Lord for he is good."  She know about 6 Bible verses and it just makes me happy to know that she is already learning important scripture that will carry her through life.

     "Oh, Weston, you are so cute."  Macie and Weston seemed to be a normal brother and sister.  They love each other to pieces but have a hard time sharing."

     "I love you so much.  Way way more than you will ever know."  We have read a book since she was born and this is how the book starts and finishes.  When I ask Macie how much I love her she always anwers this way."

     "I am going on an adventure."  "I am looking for mysteries."  "I am a bear and I am hibernating."  "I am parched."  "This meal is scrumptious."  She says the funniest things and of course, I haven't written enough down.

She has made a bad habit of getting up once after being put to bed.  We told her the only reason she can get up is to potty.  So of course, she comes in our room and says she needs to go.  "It is coming.  Just wait a minute.  I know I have to potty.  I am telling the truth."  A drip comes out and she is so relieved.

The never-ending list of things that I love about her could go on like any parents' list could.  I know I am so thankful to just hold her hand, sing her songs, read stories with her, do crafts together, and be her mother.  She and Weston are why being a mother is exactly what I want to be.  Nothing could be better. 





    
     

0 comments: