CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2012

PJ Christmas Craft Day

So our last package came in the mail the other day and it was full of the fluffy stuff to protect the item.  The kids' eyes lit up with they saw the fun they could have and they did for about 30 minutes! Macie almost dumped the entire box and then I had to put an end to the fun.  The garage was a wreck but it was worth the clean up.
...and I thought we weren't playing in cardboard boxes anymore!
Daddy got home from his trip to Boston and I thought Macie was asleep in her bed; however, she was waiting up for him. Her words, "When I heard that door open. I just knew it was you so I flopped out of bed."  She said some of the cutest things and had a precious conversation with a Zack.   Things she said was "Dad, did you eat a lot of fish? Did you sleep on the plane?  Come see what we made...our dessert.  It is dog food but it is for people. It is a good bedtime snack.  Did you know I saw Nonnie?  It was awesome and I saw Pappy too. I missed you, Dad.  Did you miss me?  Oh Dad, you are so silly."  Those were just a few parts of her conversation.  It just made us laugh and as I watched her talk to him I thought, "My big girl is almost 4, she is just growing up before my eyes and these are the moments that make parenting so rewarding and memorable."
I love Pinterest!!!!  There are so many fun things on that Website!  So today we had a PJ Craft Day.  I found several things I thought we could do and we still have abour four more things to try but lunch and nap time came around so we put an end to crafts for the day.  We had a great time!  The first thing we did was since a song about Jesus and used the puppets to dance with and act out the parts.  Again I take no credit for the activity but it was a success.  Macie played forever with the stable and people.  Then when her friend came over they played with them and were singing the song (or trying to...the song went to Are You Sleeping).
Weston did more throwing then playing.  He got a kick out of that.
Next came the puppet show....
Macie pushed the chairs together for a stage and used Baby Jesus and the gang to put on a play.  I took a turn and then I realized Weston kept trying to get in there for his turn.  So I helped him "put on his play."  I bet you can't guess what his play consisted of....throwing each person over the chair and laughing hysterically.

Does this look like we may be headed to the emergency room again? 

Next we decorated the garage door.  Macie put the face and scarf on the snowman. Weston put the buttons on our snowmany but then kept trying to take them off.  He was pretty upset with me when he got introuble for pulling them off.  They both were trying to add other things to the snowman.
Brave Mom....so I covered them in trashbags and decided that I would stay calm while we let Weston explore with paints.  He did put some paint in his mouth once but did great as I sat right by him the remainder of the time.


Hayden came over for a little bit while her mom ran some errands.  So Macie and Hayden painted Chrismtas trees.  Weston and I made a wreath with his handprints which was fun because he would giggle when I put the paint on his hands.
I tried to make the reindeer sandwich.  It doesn't look quite as good as it did on Pinterest.
 
This isn't the greatest video but I thought as she was doing her play I should film it. 


0 comments: