CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Eve

 We are ready for Christmas!
 We celebrated Christmas with Zack's Nana and Paul's side of the family.  After dinner anyone who would like to perform can.  Macie didn't sing but she stood up there with the bigger girls and....below...
 ...Weston just acted like Weston.
 When Macie heard Santa's bells she lit the room up with her excitement.  It was adorable to see SANTA through her eyes!  When Macie opened her Dora gymnasist she said, "How did Santa know this was on my list?"
 Now Weston wasn't so sure about Santa but he did like his truck Santa brought.
 Stephen made this pulley type thing to raise things.  He then put his grandson in it.  Weston wasn't too sure about being raised up but Macie got a big kick out of it.

 We went to the Christmas Eve service with my parents at their church.  It was our first service that we haven't been pages on Weston.  Zack and I were both nervous throughout the program because of Weston.  He did great and only cried when I went in to get him.  This service was Macie's first big church service to be in.  She did a great job and I was glad Nonnie had paper for her to write on.  Several times throughout the service people said, "Amen!" Macie followed after them and said it about 4 times.  First she was quiet about it but then decided it was fine to say it in her normal voice.  Then at the end of the service the preacher asked people to raise their hands.."If you know you are a Christian, if you need prayers...etc."  Anyway, we were praying and then as I looked at Macie she would have her hand raised each time he asked for it to be.  I once got so tickled that I couldn't keep it in.  Finally we lit our candles which was so pretty and peaceful. I didn't light one because I remember a church service when I was a little girl (older than Macie) and my two friends, Vanette and Sarah had our candles lit.  We started playing around and my bangs caught on fire. Luckily a smart mom in the crowd was watching us and jumped to my rescue.  So back to Macie holding her candle..she was very still but then got a little braver.  Right at the end she dripped wax on her foot, started crying and Zack blew her candle out.  Luckily she didn't catch her hair on fire like her momma.  We put the candles in the box and Macie took hers out. The man said she could take hers home. I loved sharing the Christmas Eve service with my parents.  It was very special and I am so glad I know Christ!

 The kids favorite game is to sit in Pappy's chair and then he sits on them.
 Muffin Pancakes for Christmas Eve morning
 Making Christmas Cookies for Santa
Zack was lucky enough to experience Macie's STRONG-WILLED personality while making these. 

 We did some Santa Science which Macie had fun doing.  We were being reindeer too!

 Time to decorate...Weston would not let anyone else hold the sprinkles.  He would cry each time we tried to take them. 

 Macie's tongue is green from all the sprinkles she cleaned up off the table.
HERE THEY ARE!  Which one do you want to eat? 

0 comments: