CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Preschool Begins

 This morning at 7:30 I went into Macie's room to wake her up for preschool.  The last few days she has decided that she needs extra sleep.  I hated to wake her but Hayden was coming over for preschool pictures.  I said, "Good morning!  Today you go to preschool."  She sat up and bed and this is our conversation.  "I get to go to preschool today and learn math.  I am so excited."  I told her I was excited too and then she said, "I am all growed up!"  I replied, "I know and it kind of makes me sad.  Why do you have to grow up?"  Macie's response, "Because that is how God made me.  I have to grow up so I can go to heaven someday.  But sometimes I disobey Jesus."  I said, "I disobey Jesus too.  We all make mistakes."  Then she said, "Yes, sometimes you say bad words."  (I know she heard me say s-t-u-p-i-d the night before on the phone.  I feel like I should just spell it instead of writing it but I can't do it on the blog.  UGGG!!! Lesson learned again for me.  Little ears and eyes are always listening and watching even when you don't think they are.)  So back to preschool...she dressed and was just thrilled to go to school.  As soon as we walked by Macie's last year teachers she hugged them and told them that she was in the "big class because Macie is all growed up."She told me that I was probably going to miss her but that she would give me a hug when she got home.  We got to school and Macie forgot all about hugs and kisses.  She put her things were they  belonged, walked in to wash her hands, and was busy playing.  Macie is in the older three year old class this year which is a good thing but some of her friends from last year are in the younger classes.  There was such a large group of three years olds this year that they had to divide them up.  I think she will have a wonderful year of making new friends and learning math, science, and how to read OR SO that is what she thinks she will be learning. Weston and I will miss her like crazy.  In fact, my heart aches right now because the house is quiet and Weston is napping.  Maybe I should go wake him up...MAYBE NOT.  I know that I am anxiously awaiting two o'clock so I can hear all about Macie's first day!





0 comments: