CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 26, 2010

First Slumber Party

Macie had her first sleepover last week. Blake came over for two nights because his mommy and daddy were closing on their new house and moving in. Lyndsie dropped Blake off the night before because we thought that would be easiest and give them the whole day to work without interruption. The first night was a bit rough because we had to get dinner and baths right after Lyndsie left and Blake was missing his momma. After the kids were asleep, I asked Zack what he was thinking although I already knew...his thoughts: "We only need 1 kid." I just thought this is what twins are like. Anyway, the next day we had a blast. I took them to the gym, they went swimming in the backyard, we had lots of snacks, and lots of playing. They were perfect together and had a great time. There weren't any tears! The funny thing was during nap time, Blake woke after a short nap but was still tired. So I patted his back and rested beside him in the guest bedroom. He rested awhile but then started poking my eyes and nose. I was dozing but could tell he was ready to play. At around that time, Macie was completely awaking banging her crib. Blake looked at me like "PLEASE CAN WE PLAY NOW." I just laughed. Although the naps were short, the afternoon was great. They played in Macie's room and in the living room. I even looked through a magazine. Thursday morning I took Blake home...his momma was ready to see him but I was sad to see him go. SO was Macie. Friday morning when I went to get Macie out of bed she wanted down immediately. She walked to Blake's room, said his name which I think she says Blape, and was sad when he wasn't in there. I had to remind Macie that he was at his home. SO THE FIRST SLUMBER PARTY was a SUCCESS! We will have to do it again!

Macie and Blake take this reading pretty seriously! They sat in the rocker for a good 10 minutes or so looking at the photo album and reading books. Macie climbed up there so Blake wanted up there as well! What a cute set of cousins.

Isn't it cute how both of their feet are crossed.
Bedtime story the first night.
WOKE Up HAPPY...but all his excitement didn't wake Macie for 30 more minutes. She must have forgotten it was her first sleepover.
BREAKFAST...Blake's Daddy and Mommy skyped Blake to say good morning. Josh then played peek-a-boo. Macie played back with "Osh."
Too Cute for Words
Macie and Blake took turns pushing each other around in the stroller.

Swimming in the backyard and playing with some new swim toys.
Macie was showing Blake how she rolls the ball back and forth through the table. He got the hang of it quickly since he loves balls and they played for a little while.
Blocks...and they all fall down. Blake started throwing blocks at one point. Macie laughed and then they both started throwing them. I had to make that little game end quickly!
Loving on the dogs!
Macie and Blake took turns giving the dogs treats and hugs.

0 comments: