CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 9, 2009

It Won't Be Like This for Long

We had some family pictures taken this weekend by Zack's uncle who did a great job. It was a bit windy, Macie wasn't totally loving the photo session, but we got some good pictures out of it. We really appreciate Stephen taking time out of his Sunday to take pictures.

I added a new song to my play list, "It Won't Be Like This for Long." I think it is another perfect song to describe our new addition to the family. It is just a reminder to me that Zack and I have to enjoy every moment and day with Macie. She is growing and changing so quickly.

I look at Macie and am still in AW that she is my daughter. I lay her down at night and just stare. I want to memorize every look, every smile, and how perfect and peaceful she looks when she sleeps. I love smelling her sweet baby skin and kissing her. I love when I get ready to lay her down for her nap that she lays against my chest and just seems content as we listen to her lullabies. To sum it all up, I love being a mother and I love having a daughter.


Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift.
2 Corinthians 9:15




3 comments:

Pamela and Michael Sparks said...

So cute. That song always makes me think of you guys too. Of course...I am crying now. I so can't wait for my baby to arrive.

Anonymous said...

the pics turned out great! y'all make a good looking family : ). can't wait to see you guys on wed.!!

The Longley's said...

Hi Rachel,

I'm Teresa Legler's daughter - the one that just had the baby too. I LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog - SO cute!! This song is one of my favorites too - I heard it in the car one day and started balling! Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations! You have a beautiful family!

Katie