CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 22, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday, Macie!

 Macie celebrated, celebrated, and then celebrated again.  That's a lot of celebrating and a lot of cupcakes.  Macie first had a little celebration with all her cousins while they were together during Christmas.  Then on her actual birthday Josh's family, Nonnie and Pappy, and us went to Chuck E. Cheese to play games and then to Mellow Mushroom for good pizza.  Finally, Macie finished celebrating with a SPA party with her neighborhood and kindergarten friends!  The spa party was lots of fun to prepare for and I think all the girls (AND WESTON...because I told Macie he would want to participate)  loved their day at the spa.  Most of the girls started off with dress up clothes on from Macie's closet.  The girls first made edible facials.  Then the soaked their feet in fizzle water while their nails were being painted.  Finally they finished their treatment with a lip scrub that tasted like gum or candy.  It was quite yummy.  After we finished the "girly part" of the party, all 13 girls and Weston headed down to the basement to smash the pinata.  Candy flew everywhere.  The girls grabbed their candy and although they were eager to continue to play, they headed back upstairs for pizza and cupcakes.  We barely finished in time.  After that day of pampering, I think I needed a day of pampering.

Can Macie really be six?  Can she really be  halfway through kindergarten?  Can she really have missing top and bottom teeth?  Can she really read and write?  All the things she does amazes me.  It is such a joy to watch Macie learn, grow, and thrive.  It is such an honor to call her my daughter. I will never forget that very first moment of knowing she was in my belly, feeling her quick, or holding her for the very first time.  I think back to each of her birthdays and fun little stories that I share with her now.  I love going in her room and giving her a kiss at night while she is sleeping,  I love listening to her prayers.  I love watching her play with Weston and Kinsley and her friends.  I love the innocence that she still has. I love that she loves to dance and sing.  I love that she wants to be a famous ballerina even though she thinks ballet is just boring (not of enough dancing and more learning correct technique).  I love holding her hand and we walk across the street while shopping.  I love that she says, "I slept like a rock," and "That's adorable!"  I love knowing she is mine to love and that God gave that precious gift to me.  Although it is shocking how fast time goes, I love watching her grow, guiding her, and praying for each new day and all she will encounter.

























As soon as the last guest left, the pants came off...and I am not surprised.
 These pictures should have been at the beginning but I decide it would be lots of effort to move them all.


 JUST GLAMOROUS!













1 comments:

John and Courtney Houghton said...

What a fantastic party! Great ideas! I will have to "pin" them for when Myka is older :)